Sunday, June 10, 2012

Where have I seen you before?

There are many actors and actresses which pop up in more than one Austen adaptation. Here are the ones I have noticed, I'm sure I have missed or even not noticed some!


Blake Ritson:
He has appeared as the insufferable Mr Elton in the 2009 version of Emma

and also as the caring Edmund Bertram in the 2007 Mansfield Park - very different characters indeed!



Jonny Lee Miller:
He has appeared as the dashing Mr Knightley in the 2009 adaptation of Emma,

the thoughtful Edmund Bertram in the 1999 version of Mansfield Park

and he was also in the 1983 version of Mansfield Park as little Charles Price, but I couldn't find a photo of him as this small part!

Sylvestra Le Touzel:
She played the timid Fanny Price in the 1983 version of Mansfield Park

and also she appeared as the silly Mrs Allen in the 2007 adaptation of Northanger Abbey.


Nicholas Farrell:
He played the kind Edmund Bertram in the 1983 version of Mansfield Park

and also appeared as Mr Musgrove in the 2007 version of Persuasion.


Samantha Bond:
She was the lovely Mrs Weston in the 1996 (Beckinsale) adaptation of Emma

as well as the foolish Maria Bertram in the 1983 version of Mansfield Park.

Sophie Thompson:
She played the annoying Mary Musgrove in the 1995 version of Persuasion

and the, once again, annoying, Miss Bates in the 1996 (Paltrow) version of Emma, similar characters in some ways!

And finally, Carey Mulligan:
She played the innocent Kitty Bennet in the 2005 adaptation of Pride and Prejudice

and the deceiving Isabella Thorpe in the 2007 version of Northanger Abbey - I like her as innocent Kitty!


There could well be more but these are the ones I have noticed, and I thought I would share them :)



 Your affectionate friend,

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thanks! i thought i would share it because i found it interesting as well when i realised it!

      Delete
  2. Ohhh, this is great! I've also noticed Johnny Flynn, Harriet Walker, and Rupert Graves, to my delight.

    ReplyDelete

"I cannot speak well enough to be unintelligible," therefore I would dearly love for you to comment and let me know what you think!

Thank you for stopping by Laughing With Lizzie and I hope you will take the time to visit again before too long!